The Arroyo Grande Library is part of the San Luis Obispo County Library System. The library has a wonderful collection of books–both fiction and non-fiction, audiotapes, CDs and DVDs, a Children’s section with computer stations and a lego table, computer stations for patrons as well as tablets and hot spots for checkout, a reference section with a dedicated librarian to assist you, a seed library and a newly opened Veterans’ Center. The library staff is now able to help you with passport issuance. In addition, the library sponsors many adult and children’s programs for our patrons. Branch Manager: Roz Pierini. General information: 473-7161. Hours: Monday thru Thursday 10am to 6pm (please note new closing time); Friday thru Saturday 10am to 5pm; Sunday closed
LIBRARY NOW OFFERING CURBSIDE PICKUP;
Curbside pickup will be available at the three Regional Library locations.
Arroyo Grande Library – 800 W. Branch St., Arroyo Grande, CA 93420 – text (805) 295-2866
Atascadero Library – 6555 Capistrano Ave., Atascadero, CA 93422 – text (805) 867-6741
San Luis Obispo Library – 995 Palm St., San Luis Obispo, CA 93401 – text (805) 467-0098
Curbside pickup allows patrons to pick up library materials that have been placed on hold. Library staff have worked diligently to develop procedures for curbside pickup that follow social distancing protocols while effectively serving library patrons.
Curbside pickup is available Tuesday through Friday from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. and Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Arroyo Grande Library, the Atascadero Library, and the San Luis Obispo Library.
You can follow this procedure to place items on hold:
- Place items on hold using the online library catalog, www.slolibrary.org Click on the Search the Catalog button and place requests. Find more information on how to place holds here.
- If you need assistance, please call the library to speak to a staff person. Have your library card number ready.
- Holds are limited to 10 items.
- If you receive a hold notification, go to the Library’s designated curbside pickup location. This will be marked by signage at each location.
- When you arrive at the Library’s pickup location, text or call the number on the sign for further instructions. Remain in your vehicle and wait for delivery of your materials. Information on how to use the Curbside Communicator app can be found in this document.
You may return items in the book drop at your local library. Items checked out prior to June 2nd will have an extended due date of July 1st. Items checked out using the curbside pickup will have standard due dates of 1 week for DVDs and Blu-rays or 3 weeks for most other items. It is not necessary to return items until their due date.
For additional information, go to http://www.slolibrary.org
In addition, for your convenience, the County of San Luis Obispo Public Library has expanded its online and digital services to help meet the needs of adults and families who are staying close to home. The County of San Luis Obispo is raising the number of online e-books, movies, and audiobooks that library users can access from home using the digital apps Libby, CloudLibrary, Kanopy, and Hoopla.
Need to speak to Library staff? Call Center hours: Monday through Friday | 9am-1pm: 805-781-5991 | 1pm-5pm: 805-461-6161 |
ARROYO GRANDE LIBRARY LOCATION
800 W. Branch
Arroyo Grande, CA 93420